When the opportunity to go on a tour to France with fellow creatives, I was both excited and nervous. For me, it was the first time I would be traveling abroad on my own to meet up with eight other individuals I had not yet met but who possess the same interests as myself. At least I knew I would have something in common with the other attendees.
When making the decision to go on this tour, I was having a hard time saying ‘yes’ to myself. The only thing holding me back from going, was me allowing myself to go on an adventure. As a small business owner, I find it often challenging giving myself the permission to spend my money on myself when you have responsibilities to tend to (i.e. bills and running a business). With so much work leading up to the tour, I was in full adrenaline mode to get everything done because I really wanted to enjoy my time in France.
Upon arriving in France I hit the ground running with so much excitement, that I don’t think I ever adjusted to the time change! It truly was a life-changing experience going to France and I will cherish forever. Here are some tips that I want to share with you that I learned during this trip:
- Unplug – Not going on my cell phone when I was walking around really made me look around and appreciate the beauty of France.
- Pushing myself outside my comfort zone resulted in some lifelong friendships!
- Dreams do come true. Arranging a bucket list photo session was one of the most amazing experiences ever.
See photos from my bucket list photo sessions:
In Paris with Greg Finck Here
In Provence with Amanda Meg Miller Here
- Recharge. When going on a tour, I would recommend arriving a day or two prior to giving yourself a chance to adjust to the time zone.
- Treat Yourself! Indulge in as many tasty treats as possible. You don’t realize just how much walking you end up doing.
Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Greg Finck Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Sandra A Berg Photo: Amanda Meg MillerPhoto: Taylor and Porter Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Taylor and Porter Photo: Taylor and Porter Photo: Amanda Meg Miller Photo: Taylor and Porter Photo: Amanda Meg Miller